Prevention Of Sexual Harassment
Deshbandhu College is zero tolerance zone for sexual harrasment.
The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 provides protection against sexual harassment of women at workplace and for the prevention and redressal of complaints of sexual harassment.
Deshbandhu College follows UGC Regulations 2015 regarding Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harrasment of Women Employees and students in Higher Educational Institutions.
Sexual harassment includes any one or more of the following unwelcome acts or behaviour (whether directly or by implication) namely:
- Physical contact and advances; or
- A demand or request for sexual favour; or
- Making sexually coloured remarks; or
- Showing pornography; or
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
No woman shall be subject to sexual harassment at any workplace.
- The following circumstances, among other circumstances, if occurs or is present in relation to or connected with any act or behaviours of sexual harassment may amount to sexual harassment
- Implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment in her employment or
- Implied or explicit threat of detrimental treatment in her employment; or
- Implied or explicit threat about her present or future employment; or
- Interference with her work or creating an intimidating or offensive or hostile work environment for her; or
- Humiliating treatment likely to affect her health or safety.
Complaint of Sexual Harassment: Any aggrieved woman/victim may make, in writing a complaint of sexual harassment at workplace to the Internal Complaint Committee.
Any one found gulity shall be punshied in accordance with the UGC Regluations 2015, in this regard.
Internal complaints committee :
Dr. Chandrika Gulati (Department of Political Science)- 9910227878, Email ID: email@example.com
Dr. Usha Rani Arora (Department of Chemistry) - 9990892974
Dr. U.P. Tyagi (Department of Physics) - 9811406707
Ms. Sushila Indumati Kullu (College Office) - 9717281790
Ms. Seema Malhotra, (N.G.O.) - 9560877200
Ms. Sheetal Raghuvanshi, Advocate - 9540281112