Prevention Of Sexual Harassment
The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redress Al) Act, 2013 provides protection against sexual harassment of women at workplace and for the prevention and redressal of complaints of sexual harassment and for matters connected therewith or incidental there to.
Sexual harassment includes any one or more of the following unwelcome acts or behaviour (whether directly or by implication) namely:
- Physical contact and advances; or
- A demand or request for sexual favour; or
- Making sexually coloured remarks; or
- Showing pornography; or
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature
To Prevent Sexual Harassment
No woman shall be subject to sexual harassment at any workplace.
- The following circumstances, among other circumstances, if occurs or is present in relation to or connected with any act or behaviours of sexual harassment may amount to sexual harassment
- Implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment in her employment or
- Implied or explicit threat of detrimental treatment in her employment; or
- Implied or explicit threat about her present or future employment; or
- Interference with her work or creating an intimidating or offensive or hostile work environment for her; or
- Humiliating treatment likely to affect her health or safety.
Complaint of Sexual Harassment: Any aggrieved woman may make, in writing a complaint of sexual harassment at workplace to the Internal Complaint Committee.
Internal complaint committee members:
||Dr. Sushma Mattu (Department of Chemistry)- 9810271683
||Dr. E. Chauhan (Department of Botany)
Ms. Sushila Indumati Kullu (College Office)
Ms. Seema Malhotra, (N.G.O.)
Copyright © 2016 Deshbandhu College. All Rights Reserved.