Library Rules & Regulations:
- The Students must carry the Identity – Card with him/her to get the books issued /returned.
- The students are not permitted to use other’s Identity – Card/s. The loss of ID card should be immediately reported to the college Library, office so that a duplicate card may be issued.
- The members cannot get issued more than one book of same kind at a time.
- Members are responsible for the books borrowed against their library ticket.
- The students who are enrolled as member in other libraries on the recommendation of the college library are required to get the clearance from the concerned library before the final examination of University of Delhi.
- Members are requested to check the condition of the book before getting issued. Any damage found in the books taken out for reading or borrowing should be brought to the notice of the staff on duty before getting issued.
- Loss of any borrowed book must be reported immediately to the Librarian/Library Staff. The member must replace the lost book / pay the cost of the latest edition of the lost book along with overdue charges, if any.
- Bags, personal belongings and books borrowed from other libraries are not allowed inside the library. These must be kept at the property counter at reader’s own risk.
- Library does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property left on its premises.
- While leaving the library, members are required to show their files, file covers, books etc. to the Library Staff on duty at the check – point.
- Eating, sleeping and smoking are not allowed in the Library.
- Readers should observe strict silence and switch off their Mobile phones in the Library premises.
- Violation of library rules or misconduct by a member may invite discontinuation of the library privileges.
Students, teachers, non-teaching and other members of the staff of the college are entitled to become member of the library.
Right of entry to the Library reserved:
The right of entry to the Deshbandhu College Library is reserved to the bonafide students, teachers, non – teaching and other staff members of the college. Students are required to keep their Identity Cards with them for inspection whenever they visit the library. Library staff is authorized to ask them to show the same at any time. A serious view is taken of unauthorized entrants.
||Number of Books
||Master's Degree Students
||Honours Course Students
||General Course Students
The books from Text Books Section can be borrowed for 5 days only. An overdue fine of Rs. 1/- per day will be charged if the books are kept above overdue period.
- Library books are the property of the library. Before taking the final University Examination or termination connection with the college, it is the responsibility of each and every member to return all library books, to settle all the library dues if any.
- At the time of getting their library clearance, the students are required to bring their Identity – Card.
- For getting clearance from the college library, the students of the post graduate classes and final year students of all classes are required to bring No – Dues certificates from those library/ies also for which their membership was recommended by the college library.
- Those students, who due to any reason, do not appear in their respective examination or are declared failed in the same are required to surrender their library membership so that the same not be misused. After surrendering their membership, such students get library clearance.
- All the staff members at the time of retirement should get the No Dues certificate from the library. The Teaching Staff – members appointed on Adhoc basis must obtain clearance certificate from the library (in case of resignation or Termination). The administrative office of the college should intimate to the library regarding the concerned retired person, or about the Teacher who have resigned or have been terminated.
Copyright © 2016 Deshbandhu College. All Rights Reserved.