Guidilnes for admission on basis of ECA
All applications for consideration on the basis of Extra-Curricular Activities (ECA) shall be made on a separate form along with 3 photographs.
The guidelines for admission to various undergraduate courses for the academic year 2014-15 on the basis of ECA are the following:
- Trials will be held at two levels: (i) Preliminary trials (ii) Final trials.
- The date/ dates for the Preliminary/Final trials shall be notified and displayed on the college website and also displayed on the College Notice Board well in advance.
- The candidate seeking benefit of any participation/winning certificate must submit evidence of having participated in the concerned activity during the last three years.
- Due weightage will be given to the certificates of winners/participants at International, National, State, Zonal and School level and trials as follows:
Weightage to be given to certificates: 25%
Weightage to be given to trials: 75%
- All candidates shall be allowed to appear at the preliminary level only once in an event.
- If a candidate wishes to appear in the preliminary round for more than one activity, preconditions would remain the same.
- The list of the short listed candidates for final trials will be notified on the college website and also displayed on the notice board of the college.
- Not more than 15% concession in academic merit vis-a-vis general category candidates may be given for admission to specific course (subject to the minimum eligibility of the course).
At least two experts shall be invited from outside in the selection process. The experts may be drawn from the following:
- National School of Drama, Sri Ram Centre for Performing Arts, Faculty of Music & Fine Arts, Indian Council for Cultural Relations, College of Art, Sangeet Natak Academy, Sahitya Kala Parishad, All India Radio/Doordarshan ('A' Grade Artists), Experts from University fraternity in areas of their expertise.
- Merit list of the candidates selected for admission after the finals shall be notified on the respective College Website and the Notice Board.
- The decision of ECA Admission Committee shall be final.
Schedule of admission on basis of ECA: To be announced...