Department of Zoology
The Department with its experienced and committed teaching faculty believes in the all-round development of the students. The Department blends classroom teaching with co-curricular activities like lectures from eminent scientists, seminars, symposiums, excursions and intercollege festival CHIMAERA which gives the students a chance to showcase their talents and develop their personality. The department offers basic and applied information in both classical and trendy fields in zoology and has well equipped laboratories where the students get the firsthand knowledge of practical exercises related to these subjects. The department takes pride in one international project (funded by IAEA Vienna, Austria) and another project (funded by DST Govt. of India) besides two Innovation projects funded by University of Delhi awarded to its faculty members. Two faculty members have fully recognized research labs where students can enroll for Ph.D.
Year of establishment: 1954
- Names of Courses offered: B.Sc. (Hons.) Zoology
- Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved: B.Sc. (Life Science) with Department of Chemistry and Botany, Environmental Studies
- Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments: Chemistry (Environmental Studies, Biology-II), Physics (Environmental Studies), B.Sc. Physical Science (Biology-I, Biology-II and Environmental Studies)
- Dr. Kamal Kumar Gupta, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., Associate Professor(Teacher-in-charge)
- Dr. Devinder Singh, M.Sc., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. Ravi kant M.Sc., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. Ranjana Seth, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Mr. Sunil Kayesth, M.Sc., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Varsha Baweja, M.Sc., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. Manisha Senger, M.Sc., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Indrakant K. Singh, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Mr. Irengbam Rocky, M.Sc., Assistant Professor
- Mr. Moses Rinchui, N.M.Sc., M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Inspire Internship Programme, Innovation projects, Symposium and Seminars.
- Library: Adequate text and reference books available in College library
- Internet facilities for Staff and students: Wi-Fi enabled Campus
- Class rooms with ICT facility
- State of the art Lecture Theatre
- Laboratories: Three well-equipped Laboratories
Copyright © 2016 Deshbandhu College. All Rights Reserved.