Department of Sanskrit
Sanskrit is one the most ancient Indian language and is a heritage subject. Efforts are being made at national and international level to preserve its importance and existence. The Department of Sanskrit promotes academic excellence. It also help in developing the overall personality of the students by organising seminars, lectures and competitions which provide opportunities to students to interact with scholars in various fields. The department regularly organises 'Saraswati Vyakhanmala' on the occasion of Basant Panchami under which noted scholars deliver lectures to motivate the students to the subject. The Four Year Undergraduate Course aims to improve the language skills of the learners in order to equip them with better communicative, creative, analytical and critical abilities. It also aims to enable them to appreciate different forms and genre of literature and to become aware of the rich intellectual tradition of India.
Year of establishment: 1958
- Names of courses offered: B.A.(Hons.) Sanskrit and M.A. Sanskrit.
- Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved: Department of Economics, English, Hindi, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science.
- Dr. Jaya Ojha, M.A., Ph.D., Assistant Professor (Teacher-In-Charge)
- Dr. G.C.Pant, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. Rama Singh, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., AssociateProfessor
- Dr. Rajvir Shastri M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Anand Kumar, M.A., PhD., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Ashish Kumar, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Sarvendra Kumar, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- SANKRIT SAMBHASHAN SHIVIR on 15th October 2014 to 29th October 2014. SANSKRIT-DIWAS on 13th August 2014. FIFTH SERIES OF LECTURES delivered on 24th january2015.
- College Library
- Internet facilities for staff and students with common access through college internet
Copyright © 2016 Deshbandhu College. All Rights Reserved.