Department of Political Science
The knowledge and skills imparted to the students under this courses empower them in a wide array of fields such as teaching, higher research, law, bureaucracy, mass media, finances and non-governmental organization. The course content blends traditional concerns with issues of contemporary relevance; and reflects the philosophy that in the highly globalized world, local concerns be ignored. The courses are taught in both English and Hindi. The Department organizes a lot of activities throughout the year-seminars, lectures, academic tours, etc affording an opportunity to the students to develop hands-on knowledge and skills. A case in point is the annual festival “Politicozest”, where activities like collage making, debates and quiz allow the students to showcase their talent. These are some of the reasons that make political Science a popular course.
Year of establishment: 1952
- Names of courses offered: B.A.(Hons.) Political Science, M.A. Political Science
- Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved: Department of Commerce, Economics, English, Hindi, Mathematics, Philosophy and Sanskrit.
- Dr. Deba Prasad Nanda, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., Associate Professor (Teacher-In-Charge)
- Dr. Chandrika Gulati, M.A., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Ms. Neelam Borowankar, M.A., Associate Professor
- Dr. Seema Narayan, M.A., M. Phil., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. Matadin Gupta, M.A., M. Phil., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. Joyeeta Dutta, M.A., Ph.D., D. litt., Associate Professor
- Sh. T. Srinivas Rao, M.A., M. Phil., Associate Professor
- Sh. A. M. Seharyar, M.A., M. Phil., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Biswajit Mohanty M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. Jayabrata Sarkar M.A., M. Phil., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- College Library
- Internet facilities for staff and students with common access through college internet
Talks delivered by Eminent Academicians since 2010:
- Multi-culturalism and Liberal Societies by Professor Ashok Acharya, Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Delhi.
- Economic Ideas of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar by Professor Sushma Yadav, formerly Professor, Indian Institute of Public Administration 2011
- Federalism in India by Professor M.P. Singh, formerly Professor, Department of political Science, University of Delhi
- Nationalism in India by Professor P.K. Dutta, Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Delhi2012
- Impact of Social Media by Vipul Mudgal, Fellow, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies
- State of Democracy in India by Professor Pushpesh Pant, Professor, SIS, Jawaharlal University
- Caste and Census by Dr. Padmanabh Samrendra, Associate Professor, Centre for Minority Studies, Jamia Milia Islamia
- Mass Movements and revolution by Dr. Saroj Giri, Assistant Professor, University of Delhi, 2013
- Dalit Issue by Professor Tulsi Ram, Professor, SIS, Jawaharlal Nehru University2014
- Between Democracy and Populism: Some Conceptual issues by Aditya Nigam, Fellow, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies
Copyright © 2016 Deshbandhu College. All Rights Reserved.