Department of Physics
Study of Physics is an integral part of any science or engineering course. Physics enables analytical thinking and problem solving skills pronging new perspective to any discipline e.g. Computers, Laser, Medical Machine and Internet and Communication Technologies. We have well equipped laboratories to offer these courses. Physics, a launching pad for courses like M.C.A., Robotic Sciences, Electrical and Electronic Science, M.B.A., Civil Services and Forensic Sciences. Members of the faculty are actively engaged in research in the areas of Astroparticle, Physics, Condensed matter, solar energy and growth and characterization of Crystalline Materials, Carbon Nanotubes and Quantum Mechanics. The department has a very vibrant and active Physics Society which regularly organize lectures, seminar, debates, Quizzes and also the annual festival COHERENCE.
Year of establishment: 1952
- Names of Programmes/ Courses offered: B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics
- Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved: B.Sc. (Physical science) with Department of Chemistry, Computer Science and Mathematics.
- Dr. Ajay Kumar Arora, M.Sc., Ph.D., Principal
- Dr. Gouri Datta, M.Sc., Ph.D., Associate Professor (Teacher-in-charge)
- Dr. Partha Goswami, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. U.P. Tyagi, M.Sc., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. Kakoli Bera, M.Sc., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Ms. Manju Rani, M.Sc., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Pankaj Singh M.Sc., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Mr. Ajay Pratap Singh Gahlot, M.Sc., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Aditya Saxena, M.Sc., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Department has a very vibrant and active Physics Society PHYSICA, managed by students under the guidance of teacher-in-charge/convener of the society, arrange special lectures/workshops/fresher-introduction get-together/farewell to passing students/ one day science awareness trip/semester break excursion trip. COHERENCE, two days inter -college annual function of the Society organizes various student enrichment programmes like Quiz, Treasure Hunt etc.
Activities of the PHYSICA during 2011-2014.
- A talk on renewable energy resources.
- A valuable session on “Origin of Species”.
- An interactive session on “Careers for Physics students”
- College Library
- Internet facilities for Staff and Students
- Class rooms with ICT facility
- One Class Room with LCD Projector
- Three laboratories
Copyright © 2016 Deshbandhu College. All Rights Reserved.