Department of Economics
Knowledge of Economics is essential both for the enlightened citizen and for the aspiring Business Executive, Civil Servants and Social Science Researchers. The study of Economics makes you aware of current controversies concerned with Economic well-being, Poverty, Globalisation, Environment and Pollution. The new Economic syllabus offers tremendous opportunities for making a promising career in various areas like Banking, Finance, Government, Non- Government Organizations and Multinational Companies.
Year of establishment: 1952
- Names of the Courses offered: B.A. (Honours) Economics, M.A. Economics.
- Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved: Department of English, Hindi, History, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science and Sanskrit.
- Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments: Department of Physics and B.Sc. (Hons.) till 2011. Currently teaching Discipline Centered Courses.
- Dr. Sangita Singh, M.A., Ph.D., Associate Professor (Teacher-In charge)
- Dr. T.M. Thomas, M.A., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Sh. A.S. Lamba, M.A., Associate Professor
- Dr. Savita Singh, M.A., Ph.D. Associate Professor
- Mr. Jitender Kumar, M.A, M.Phil., PGDCA, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Awadhesh Kumar, M.A, M. Phil., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Neha Jain, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Deshbandhu Economics Society has a ‘Economics Society’, which conducts many events including annual economics fest named ECO ZEST.
- College Library
- Internet facilities for Staff and Students
- Class rooms with ICT facility
Copyright © 2016 Deshbandhu College. All Rights Reserved.