Department of Commerce
The current commerce curriculum has been dynamically designed to suit today's business environment, both in content and in form, of practical training. It equips the students to join the corporate world immediately after the course and a sound foundation for those who wish to pursue higher studies, specialized professional courses such as Management, Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretary ship, Cost Accounting, Law, etc. The department organizes academic and cultural activities from time-to-time. The faculty comprises of highly qualified and dedicated teachers.
Year of establishment: 1974
- Names of Courses offered: B.Com.(H), M.Com.
- Names of Inter-disciplinary courses and the departments/units involved: English, Hindi, Philosophy and Political Science
- Dr. Seema Garg, M.Com., Ph.D. Associate Professor (Teacher-In charge)
- Shri B.R. Sachdeva, M.Com., L.L.B., D.C.L. , Associate Professor
- Dr. Chitra Atray, M.Com., Ph. D., Associate Professor
- Ms. Poonam Sharma,M.Com.,M.Phil., Associate Professor
- Dr. Surabhi Dhingra , M.Com., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. Pramod Kumar, M.Com., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- The Commerce Society organizes inter-college festival “Minerva” every year. The Society invites external experts to deliver special lectures at the inaugural session of the festival.
- Students participated in cleanliness drive (Swachh Bharat Abhiyan) organized by the college to aware the students about their social duties and responsibilities.
- College Library
- Internet facilities for Staff and Students
- Class rooms with ICT facility
Copyright © 2016 Deshbandhu College. All Rights Reserved.